Since my the theme of my blogskin IS about shoes, I should at least dedicate a single post to them right? Right. So here I go - the 5 most common shoes that I see around the island (excluding track shoes) followed by my comments.
Birkenstock sandals:
They're extremely comfortable - or so I hear, I myself have never had the guts to get a pair let alone wear them - and perfectly acceptable for beaches and resorts. However, I find that they are a little "rough" and unsophisticated.
Flipflops:
Like what I mentioned above, but no matter what you may think, they are simply, positively, completely and utterly UNACCEPTLE on Orchard Road or any other shopping areas.
Converse sneakers:
They're quite punk wannabe-ish and common - not unlike most roxy and billabong products - but they make good comfort shoes, since they're affordable, and they can be worn with almost anything casual.
Dress shoes:
This is one of my preferred categories, but there are some negative points. Although they usually go with anything, the wrong shoes with the wrong outfit can make a terrible statement. For example, try matching a pair of dainty kitten heels with jeans. No go. See what I mean? Thankfully, stilettos are a good safety net when wearing denim.
Last but not least, those ugly plastic things with the holes in front:
I have no idea how people can even bear to bring shame to the name of shoes by actually classifying them under it! What has the fashion world come to? When I first laid eyes on them, my first reaction was "*shudders* Ewww...". They don't even look like they're comfortable enough to make up for the lack of style. Plastic, gay and gaudy. Enough said.
Alright. That's all I have for now.
11:39 PM